Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Smoking during pregnancy 임신 중 흡연
Smoking during pregnancy is very harmful to the pregnant woman and the fetus How good it would be to quit smoking at the chance to get pregnant
- It goes without saying that women who smoked before becoming pregnant should quit smoking during pregnancy.
- Smoking cessation is one of the most harmful things a pregnant woman can do to her unborn child. If anyone smokes, they are more likely to get life-threatening, dangerous diseases such as lung cancer, emphysema, heart disease, and diabetes.
- In addition, there is a lot of potential for serious health problems in the fetus or babies of pregnant women who smoke.
- Smoking during pregnancy decreases the blood volume to the fetus by the action of nicotine in the cigarette, increases the amount of carbon dioxide in the fetus’s body, and decreases the amount and concentration of oxygen.
- Newborns born to pregnant women who do not smoke usually weigh much more than those born to pregnant women who smoke.
- Babies born to pregnant women who smoke a lot are more likely to become underweight newborns and premature babies.
- Pregnancy complications such as miscarriage, premature birth, placenta previa, premature placenta detachment, and early amniotic rupture are more likely to occur in pregnant women who smoke a lot. It is also important not to smoke normally, but if a woman who smoked becomes pregnant, it is necessary to quit smoking soon to protect the pregnant woman herself as well as her unborn child.
- To avoid giving birth to underweight newborns or premature newborns, you should quit smoking as soon as you become pregnant.
- Studies have shown that infants born to pregnant women who smoke may be more susceptible to sudden infant death.
- Babies born to pregnant women who smoke are more susceptible to respiratory problems from an early age than babies born to pregnant women who do not smoke and may have delayed growth and development.
- Also, children living with smoking parents are more susceptible to bronchitis, bronchial asthma, pneumonia and other respiratory diseases.
- It cannot be explained here that smoking has a bad effect not only on fetuses and children but also on us humans. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-본 사이트의 내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“