Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Dental care during pregnancy 임신 중 치아 간호
Take good care of your teeth during pregnancy
- Taking good care of your teeth during pregnancy and having healthy teeth during pregnancy and throughout your life is just as important as having a healthy mind and body.
- And during pregnancy, you have to work harder and better than ever to take care of your teeth. If you have tooth decay or gum disease during pregnancy, you should seek treatment sooner.
- Also, it is important to prevent tooth decay or gum disease during pregnancy. Treatment for tooth decay or gum disease during pregnancy differs from non-pregnant times.
- Before a pregnant woman is treated for tooth or gum disease, it is important to inform the dentist that she is pregnant.
- Even if you suspect you are pregnant, you should tell your dentist that you think you are pregnant before receiving dental treatment.
- You should inform your dentist before performing an x-ray examination to diagnose and treat a tooth or gum disease at the dentist.
- Or, before being treated with anesthetics, pain relievers, or other medications, the dentist will choose an analgesic or anesthetic that does not harm the pregnant woman or the fetus, and will choose the most appropriate diagnostic treatment.
- During pregnancy, you should brush at least three times a day to prevent tooth decay or gum disease.
- In addition, dental floss (齒絲, Floss) should be used to prevent the formation of plaque. It is important to have healthy teeth by brushing well during pregnancy, and it is also important to consume enough balanced foods so that the fetus can grow and develop healthily, and the baby born has a healthy body and teeth.
- If you eat enough milk or milk foods that contain calcium during pregnancy, you can get enough calcium from milk foods that you need every day. If milk fits your constitution, you can get enough calcium if you consume enough milk and dairy foods during pregnancy. However, if milk does not fit your constitution, you should consume enough other foods containing a lot of calcium instead of milk or dairy foods.
- Caramels, candy, sticky and sweet foods like candy, and soft drinks with sugar should not be eaten often. Caries can develop in just a few hours due to the carbohydrates attached to them or the carbohydrates remaining in the mouth.
- Therefore, you should brush your teeth immediately after eating sweets, candy, or other sweet foods. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-본 사이트의 내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“