Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Breast care during pregnancy 임신 중 유방 간호
Normal breasts and nipples
- You need to take good care of your breasts even during pregnancy to ensure that your baby is fully breastfed.
- From the first 3-4 months of pregnancy, you should wear a generous bra that does not stick to the skin and does not tighten.
- From this point on, you can change to a maternal bra. You don’t have to wear a bra all day long.
- From the 4th to 5th month of pregnancy, a little bit of clear, yellowish colostrum can dry up on the nipples.
- Wash colostrum that has dried on your nipples with warm water.
- Washing your nipples with strong soap or alcohol can dry, stiffen, and hurt your nipples and breasts.
- For that reason, do not wash your nipples or breasts with strong soap or alcohol. If you have a lot of colostrum, put a cotton ball or soft gauze pad inside your bra that absorbs water well. Gauze pads with colostrum can irritate the breasts or nipples and cause mastitis.
- Pads with colostrum should be replaced with clean ones. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-본 사이트의 내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“