Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Changes of breasts in pregnancy 임신 중 유방의 변화
- When pregnant, various changes begin to occur in the pregnant woman’s body. One of them is breast changes.
- As soon as you become pregnant, your breasts start to grow larger and become fuller. There is a heavy sensation in the breast.
- The breasts are tingling, tingling, and even if you touch them gently, they can hurt and become hard.
- These symptoms usually disappear spontaneously in 2-3 weeks.
Breastfeeding mother’s nipples a-nipple ring, b-nipple, c-flow, d-tubule, e-streamline Source-Pregnancy in Anatomical Illustrations, Carnation Healthcare Services, Los Angeles, CA 1962
- From pregnancy to babysitting From the 16th week of pregnancy, the color of the nipple and the skin color of the nipple rings around it are significantly different from the skin color of other parts of the breast and become darker.
- The round part with a diameter of 5-8 cm around the nipple is called Areola. There are several narrow skin projections on the surface of the papillary ring.
- These skin projections are the Montgomery lines. (See picture) The glands secrete sebum, which softens the nipples and nipple rings when feeding the baby. When breastfeeding, breastfeeding should be done with the nipple in the mouth enough to cover the entire nipple ring with the baby’s upper and lower lips.
- For that reason, it seems that the color of the nipple rings is different from the color of other parts of the breast.
- These breast changes during pregnancy are primarily affected by estrogen and progesterone.
- The skin color of the nipple rings may vary slightly depending on each pregnant woman, the number of months of pregnancy, the age and race of the pregnant woman.
- The skin color of the nipple rings in a non-pregnant adult woman may be dark red, but the skin color of the nipple rings during pregnancy is almost dark.
- There are several small and narrow projections on the tip of the nipple.
- These protrusions are the apertures from which milk comes out. New ducts in the breast are formed under the influence of the hormones estrogen and progesterone.
- They also get bigger and more branches are formed in the streamline.
- This phenomenon becomes more pronounced as we get closer to the month of delivery.
- From around 4 months of pregnancy, lightly squeezing your nipples can result in one or two drops of dark yellow milk.
- This milk is called colostrum (horse oil). Colostrum can also come out at this time and in the first few days after delivery.
- More colostrum can be released as you get closer to your due date.
- If the secreted colostrum dries to your nipples, your nipples may be itchy.
- If your nipples are itchy, wash them with mild soapy water and dry them with a dry towel.
- Exposing your nipples and breasts to the air without wearing a bra can make it less itchy. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-본 사이트의 내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“