- 마리화나(대마초Marijuana )는 미국에서 가장 많이 사용하는 습관성 약물이다.
- 연구에 의하면 마리화나를 이용하는 사람 10명 중 1명은 그에 중독된다.
- 임신부가 Marijuana를 사용하면 그 임신부의 자궁 속에서 자라는 태아, 태어난 신생아, 영아 또는 소아의 성장 발육에 해롭다. 즉 태아 성장장애, 그후 태어난 자녀에게 장기적 정신적, 신경적 행동 장애가생길 수 있다.
- 수유모가 모유 수유 중Marijuana를 사용하면 수유모의 젖을 먹은 신생아나 영유아에게도 해롭다. 소스: AAP News 9/2018
Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Drug treatments during pregnancy 임신 중 약물 치료
When pregnant women are treated with drugs, any type of drug can harm the pregnant woman and the fetus.
- Any medication used during pregnancy can be harmful to the unborn baby. This is especially the case from the moment of fertilization to the 12th week of pregnancy, that is, during the first trimester.
- It may seem contradictory at first glance, but many kinds of drugs are safe for the health of pregnant women and fetuses.
- When pregnant women inevitably need to be treated with drugs during pregnancy, only the drugs prescribed by the doctor should be used according to the doctor’s instructions. Depending on the type and dosage of drugs used during pregnancy, the effect on the pregnant woman and the fetus also differs.
- It is good to think that almost any drug, whether prescribed by a doctor or a habit-forming drug, can harm the unborn child, the baby to be born, or the pregnant woman. Follow your doctor’s instructions when you need to change the dose of the drug or when you change the drug to another drug.
- Do not stop immediately just because you are pregnant with medications you have been using to treat a disease you had before you became pregnant.
- Also in this case, you should consult your doctor and follow the instructions of the doctor to continue using the medicine or replace it with another medicine, or leave it to your doctor’s treatment.
- When you are surely diagnosed as pregnant, as well as when planning to become pregnant, you should use any type of medication as prescribed by your doctor. During pregnancy, when a drug is essential for treatment and you need to be treated with that drug, you must remember the drug name.
- Pregnant women themselves shouldn’t buy any kind of drug at a pharmacy, nor should they use homemade medicines (私藥). When receiving regular pregnancy checkups, when pregnant women use any medications themselves, they must tell the doctor the name of the medication.
- The doctor will determine whether the drug is used by the pregnant woman, whether it is okay to continue using the drug, or whether it is a drug that is harmful to the pregnant woman or the fetus, and whether it is okay to continue using the drug, or whether to immediately quit and switch to another type of drug You can decide.
- Many types of drugs, which can be bought at pharmacies without a doctor’s prescription, can be safe for your baby. However, when you buy and use cold medicine, laxatives, nasal decongestants, or aspirin used to treat body aches and colds, you should ask your doctor if it is okay to use them, and then use them only when the doctor tells you that it is okay to use them. Any medication your doctor may prescribe, such as tranquilizers, sleeping pills, and barbiturates can become habit-forming.
- It can be very detrimental to the baby’s health or to a pregnant woman who is treated with such drugs, or to a pregnant woman who uses habitual drugs such as amphetamine, cocaine, drugs, marijuana, and hallucinogens.
- Premature infants and low-weight newborns are more likely to be born to pregnant women who use addictive drugs, and children born to pregnant women who use addictive drugs are often no longer in development.
- When using any type of addictive medication during pregnancy, make sure to inform your doctor about it and seek medical help soon. Habitual drugs during pregnancy can cause the fetus to become addicted to drugs, and the newborn baby can also become addicted to drugs. If you do not inform your doctor that you have used habit-forming drugs during pregnancy and develop symptoms of drug addiction in a swollen baby, you can misdiagnose the child’s drug addiction as another disease.
- When a newborn baby gets drug addiction, it can be life-threatening at times, and death in rare cases. In this case, it could be child abuse.
- Marijuana (Cannabis) is the most used habitual drug in the United States. Research shows that 1 in 10 people who use marijuana are addicted to it.
- The use of Marijuana by a pregnant woman is detrimental to the growth and development of the fetus, newborn, infant or child that grows in the mother’s womb. In other words, fetal growth disorders and long-term mental and neurological behavioral disorders in children born thereafter may occur.
- If a nursing mother uses marijuana while breastfeeding, it is also harmful to the nursing mother’s breastfeeding newborn or infant. Source: AAP News 9/2018 Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-본 사이트의 내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“