Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD, FAAP
Physical, emotional and physiologic changes during the twenty-second week of pregnancy
임신 제2 삼개월 기간-임신 제22주에 생기는 신체, 감정, 생리적 변화
- The gestation period from 14 weeks of pregnancy to 27 weeks of pregnancy is called the second trimester of pregnancy in obstetrics for convenience (the second trimester of pregnancy/the second trimester of pregnancy).
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, almost all of the vital organs of the fetus are formed.
- The fetus grows and develops rapidly, and during the second trimester of pregnancy, the fetus can gain up to 900 grams and the pregnant woman can gain 5.4 kg during pregnancy (according to US statistics).
- Emotional changes may occur, but it is much less than during the first trimester of pregnancy, is mentally stabilized, rejuvenates to the energy level that was before pregnancy, and the secretion of estrogen female hormones is increased, leading to smooth circulation to the genital organs in the pelvis May be more interested in sex life.
- Also, gestational brown spots can appear on the face due to the effect of estrogen. Pregnant women have a lot of special precautions during pregnancy to avoid doing things that are harmful to their own health and the health of the fetus.
- It is common that the stomach is bloated due to pregnancy and appears to be pregnant.
- The pregnant woman herself has a thick waist due to pregnancy, and she can clearly see that the pants she wore comfortably do not fit well, and the pregnant woman herself can feel the enlarged uterus on her belly. Hormones such as human corionic gonadotropin, estrogen, and progesterone, which are essential for a successful pregnancy, are secreted as needed, and the skin, body hair, and sex of the pregnant woman are affected by such hormones. So the pregnant woman looks like a pregnant woman.
- At this time, symptoms of frequent itching to urinate no longer occur.
- Women who are pregnant for the first time, as well as for women who were pregnant before, may feel the fetus moving in the stomach for the first time from around 18-20 weeks of pregnancy.
- It is recommended to undergo a pregnancy checkup before delivery at the 16th to 20th week of pregnancy.
- If you do not have such a checkup, it is common to get a checkup soon and if necessary, perform a fetal ultra-sound test to see if the fetus is growing normally and if there are any abnormalities in the fetus’s kidney, heart, spinal cord, kidneys, and legs. It’s sweaty and harder because you always have to carry a baby that grows in your stomach.
- Around 18-22 weeks of pregnancy, the color of the nipple rings, pigment spots on the skin, and dead sesame color become darker, and the hair curls more, resulting in thicker hair, congestion in the pelvis, and sensitive breasts.
- It could be better. At around 22 weeks of pregnancy, colostrum begins to secrete from the breast, and a substance that can be seen in the Montgomery nodule is released.
- This retention material softens the nipples and nipple rings to facilitate breastfeeding.
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“