Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Physical, emotional and physiologic changes during the nineteenth week of pregnancy In the second trimester of pregnancy 임신 제2 삼개월 기간-임신 제19주에 생기는 신체, 감정, 생리적 변화
- The gestation period from 14 weeks of pregnancy to 27 weeks of pregnancy is called the second trimester of pregnancy in obstetrics for convenience (the second trimester of pregnancy/the second trimester of pregnancy).
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, almost all of the vital organs of the fetus are formed.
- The fetus grows and develops rapidly, and during the second trimester of pregnancy, the fetus can gain up to 900 grams and the pregnant woman can gain 5.4 kg during pregnancy (according to US statistics).
- The morning sickness no longer occurs, and the phenomenon of craving and wanting to eat unusual foods does not occur.
- Emotional changes may occur, but it is much less than during the first trimester of pregnancy, is mentally stabilized, rejuvenates to the energy level that was before pregnancy, and the secretion of estrogen female hormones is increased, which improves blood circulation to the genital organs in the pelvis.
- Maybe more interested in sex life.
- Also, gestational brown spots can appear on the face due to the effect of estrogen. Pregnant women have a lot of special precautions during pregnancy to avoid doing things that are harmful to their own health and the health of the fetus.
- Apparently, it is common that the pregnancy is still not clearly indicated, but the pregnant woman herself has a thick waist due to pregnancy, and the pants she wore comfortably do not fit well, and the pregnant woman herself can feel the uterus that has grown due to pregnancy from the belly.
- Hormones such as human chorionic gonadotropin, estrogen, and progesterone, which are necessary for the normal progression of pregnancy, are secreted as needed, and such hormones affect the pregnant woman’s skin, body hair, and sex.
- So the pregnant woman looks like a pregnant woman. The symptoms of frequent itching to urinate rarely occur.
- Healthy women, who were pregnant before, may feel the fetus moving in the stomach for the first time from around 17 weeks of pregnancy.
- It is recommended to undergo a pregnancy checkup before delivery at the 16th to 20th week of pregnancy.
- If necessary, it is common to do a fetal ultrasound test to see if the fetus is growing normally or if there are any abnormalities in the fetus. Around 18-22 weeks of pregnancy, the color of the nipple rings, pigment spots on the skin, and freckles are darker, and the hair becomes thicker, and the breasts become more sensitive due to hyperemia in the pelvis.
- Can occur. The top of the uterus, that is, the bottom of the uterus
- can be touched 7.5cm below the navel. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“