Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Physical, emotional and physiologic changes during the seventeenth week of pregnancy in the second trimester of pregnancy 임신 제2 삼개월 기간-임신 제17주에 생기는 신체, 감정, 생리적 변화
- The gestation period from 14 weeks of pregnancy to 27 weeks of pregnancy is called the second trimester of pregnancy in obstetrics for convenience.
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, almost all of the vital organs of the fetus are formed. The fetus grows and develops rapidly, and during the second trimester of pregnancy, the fetus can gain up to 900 grams and the pregnant woman can gain 5.4 kg during pregnancy (according to US statistics).
- It is common for the morning sickness to go away around 14 to 16 weeks of pregnancy. However, they may crave and want to eat unusual foods.
- This pregnancy symptom is called craving.
- Emotional changes may occur, but they are much less and mentally stable compared to during the first trimester of pregnancy. Pregnant women have a lot of special precautions during pregnancy to avoid doing things that are harmful to their own health and the health of the fetus.
- Apparently, it is common that the pregnancy is still not evident. However, pregnant women themselves can see that the waist is thick and the pants do not fit well due to pregnancy.
- The uterus that has grown in the belly can be touched by the pregnant woman herself. Hormones such as human chorionic gonadotropin, estrogen, and progesterone, which are essential for a successful pregnancy, are secreted as needed, and these hormones affect the pregnant woman’s skin, body hair, and sex. So the pregnant woman looks like a pregnant woman.
- The symptoms of frequent itching to urinate rarely occur. Gyeongsang women, who had already been pregnant, may feel the fetus moving in the stomach for the first time around the 17th week of pregnancy.
- It is recommended to undergo a pregnancy checkup before delivery between the 16th and 20th weeks of pregnancy. I
- f necessary, it is common to conduct a fetal ultra-sound test to determine whether the fetus is growing normally, whether there is any abnormality in the fetus and the size of the fetus. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“