Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Physical, emotional and physiologic changes during the fortieth week of pregnancy in the third trimester of pregnancy 임신 제3 삼개월 기간- 임신 제40주 중에 생기는 신체, 감정, 생리적 변화
- The gestation period from 28 weeks gestation to 40 weeks gestation is called the third trimester of pregnancy in obstetrics for convenience.
- During the second trimester of pregnancy, the fetus grows and develops rapidly, and the birth weight of a full-term newborn born at the end of the third trimester, that is, at the 40th week of pregnancy, is usually 3-3.6kg.
- During the third trimester of pregnancy, a pregnant woman can gain 4.5-5.5 kg of pregnancy (according to US statistics).
- The 40th week of pregnancy is the 13th week of the 3rd trimester. Babies born after 38 weeks of gestation and before 41 weeks of gestation are called term infants. It is recommended to undergo a pregnancy checkup every week from 35 to 36 weeks of pregnancy before delivery.
- Each time you get a checkup, check how big your baby is and what shape the baby is in the womb. When undergoing a pregnancy checkup, you can take a routine blood test, measure your blood pressure, and take a test to prevent infection with type B bacteria that can cause neonatal sepsis or meningitis.
- Uterine contractions can occur, where the uterus contracts firmly and relaxes every 30 seconds.
- When the uterus contracts like this, there is no pain. Rather than a uterine contraction for giving birth, it can be said that it is a preparatory uterine contraction in preparation for childbirth.
- This contraction of the uterus is called Braxton Hick’s Symptom. When the uterus contracts with Braxton Hikes syndrome, the cervix does not open.
- By the 40th week of pregnancy, the uterus containing the baby occupies the pelvic cavity and most of the abdominal cavity, so the human body feels quite uncomfortable. In addition, lack of sleep, pain everywhere, fatigue, and fear of childbirth can lead to pregnancy depression.
- On the contrary, some pregnant women can be full of hope. During that time, I had a lot of hope and joy from my pregnancy. I also suffered a lot.
- Now the time has come to complete the childbirth plan. Only 5% of all pregnancies give birth on the due date. In fact, it is common to give birth two weeks before or after the due date. Anyway, congratulations to all the pregnant women who are pregnant and giving birth to a healthy baby.
- Make plans for future birth, how to give birth, what hospital to give birth, how to relieve pain when giving birth, etc., and consult with doctors, nurses, or someone who can help you give birth. do.
- Between 37 and 40 weeks of gestation, it is common for pregnant women to have a truly mixed feeling of joy and fear.
- During the 1-2 weeks before the 40th week of pregnancy, the weight of the pregnant woman does not increase any more and is often maintained as it is.
- Because the uterus containing the fetus occupies most of the pelvic and abdominal cavity, it can be quite difficult to breathe. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-본 사이트의 내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“