Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Older brothers and sisters of newborns 아수보는 누나, 형, 언니, 오빠
Older brother or sister and new baby brother
- At least before the third trimester of pregnancy, “the mother will have a child soon” should be briefly explained to the older sister, older brother, older sister, and older brother who will see the younger brother in words appropriate for their age.
- Of course, depending on their age, they have to be explained a little differently. According to research, if the age difference between the older brother or the older sister and the new younger sibling is 18 months or less, the older brother and the older sister are less envious, and the older brother or older sister, whose difference is between the ages of 2 and 3, is the most.
- The older brother and sister, who are between the ages of 3 and older, are said to be less jealous of their new brother.
- While the mother gives birth in the hospital and takes care after childbirth, it will vary depending on the age and each child, but it is common for the older brother or sister who see the new younger brother to be positively interested not only in themselves, but also in the mother and the new baby brother.
- In particular, he wants to know what his baby brother looks like and wants to see him, and he wants to show off to others that he has a new baby brother.
- Some younger brothers or sisters who have seen their new sibling may not be able to express everything in words, but they worry about the well-being of the new sibling and the mother to the extent that our adults cannot imagine about the mother and the new sibling.
- She also wants to help her mother while her mother is pregnant, has suffered from her labors, is dismissed, and is recovering from her postpartum.
- On the contrary, especially younger sisters, older brothers, and older sisters who have seen their new baby brother worry that they will love them less than before the new baby brother was born after the mother and father brought the new baby brother home.
- Older brothers can misunderstand that you will only love and have a lot of worries.
At times, the older brother, sister,
- brother, and older sister who have seen the new brother can be very jealous of the new baby brother.
- Older brothers can also worry and be afraid of what will happen to them and what will happen to them.
- Mothers and fathers should spend more time with their younger brothers or sisters who saw their new younger brothers than before the new baby was born, to love them through eye contact, to love them through physical contact, and to love them more with intensive care.
- The older brother and the new baby brother who saw the older brother Before going to the hospital for delivery, you need to get someone to take care of the older brothers or older sisters who will see your new brother in the house, and let the children who will see your new brother know who will take care of them.
- As much as possible, before going to the hospital for delivery, you should introduce them to someone who will take care of your older brother or older sister during delivery and postpartum care.
- And when an older brother or sister, an older sister, or an older brother who will see a new younger brother is very young, it should be briefly explained to them that the mother will bring her baby brother home after having a new younger brother in the hospital.
- If your younger brothers or older sisters who will see your new brother ask about the process of giving birth to a baby, you should briefly explain it to them. After bringing your new baby brother home, you should also make it clear that your mom and dad will continue to love the older brother or sister who saw your new brother as before.
- While going to the hospital to give birth to a baby, or even after bringing a new younger sibling home, there are many things the older brothers and sisters who have seen the new sibling can do with responsibility for their younger brothers and mothers and fathers.
One or two-year-old older sisters, older brothers, or older sisters can do something for their new baby brother, and they can also help mothers with postpartum care.
- When labor suddenly begins when labor is not predicted at all, when labor starts suddenly in the middle of the night while the younger brother or brother is sleeping, and when the younger brother or older sister who will see the new brother suddenly goes to the hospital,
- In case you suddenly have to go to the hospital for delivery while you are going somewhere, you need to find someone to take care of the little ones in your home in advance.
- A two-year-old child who sees her brother runs an errand to help her mother with her bowl of rice. You have to think ahead of time about what you need to do in the hospital until you give birth, do postpartum care, and come home. And before going to the hospital for delivery, it would be good if the pregnant woman had done the housework in advance or prepared for someone else to do it.
- During the first few weeks after childbirth, mothers should not do mentally and physically hard work. It would be better for a working husband to do housework on behalf of the mother while taking a vacation to take care of a wife and a new baby to take care of after childbirth and to take care of the children who suffered ill-fighting. If a husband is unable to help his wife who is on vacation and cleaning up, they should seek help from her relatives, relatives, or others for at least two to three weeks after giving birth.
- Hospital family visitation rules vary from hospital to hospital. If allowed, take the older brother or older sister who saw the younger brother to the hospital where the new baby was born, and let them see the new baby brother and give them a hug.
- At this time, her mother must not forget to hug and love her little son, her daughter, who came to her rice field. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-본 사이트의 내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“