Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
Choose the hospital for the delivery 아기를 낳을 병원(분만할 병원/출산할 병원)을 결정한다
Visit the hospital to be delivered before delivery begins.
- These days, most pregnant women deliver safer than in hospitals. When labor begins, it is impossible to uniformly decide how long it is best to go to the hospital where you will give birth to be hospitalized to give birth safely.
- That’s why it’s a good idea to call your doctor right away when the pain starts.
- And you need to find out when you have to go to the hospital to give birth after the pain starts.
- In consultation with the pregnant woman and her husband, they can choose one of the hospitals in the neighborhood where they live.
- However, it is desirable to deliver at a hospital recommended by a gynecologist who did regular pregnancy check-ups during pregnancy.
- When deciding which hospital to deliver to during pregnancy, it would be good to consider the following various conditions.
- These days, most hospitals in the United States have well-equipped pregnancy and labor relief facilities so that a husband, a nurse, a doctor, or a midwife can help pregnant women during delivery to the maximum extent possible.
- The delivery room and postpartum recovery room are decorated and equipped, similar to the way a pregnant woman does natural delivery at home with a comfortable mind.
- Most delivery occurs naturally, without problems for pregnant women or babies. Unless there are complications of pregnancy, most of the delivery is done in a hospital with the help of a gynecologist.
- It is safest and ideal to give birth naturally in this way. When delivering prematurity, when a pregnant woman with any disease or pregnancy complications that is not related to pregnancy is delivered, when delivering multiple fetuses, when giving birth to a first-born child, especially for those under the age of 18 or those who are over 35 years of age. When, during the delivery of the pelvis, when there is any abnormality in the delivery department or fetus with other abnormalities, it must be delivered in a hospital. During pregnancy and childbirth, when there are pregnancy complications, there is a possibility of pregnancy complications, or when difficult birth is expected, the delivery should be done at a general hospital.
- The general hospital not only has the latest medical equipment, but also has specialized medical staff specializing in obstetrics and gynecologists, anesthesiologists, neonatal specialists, neonatal specialist nurses, and domestic neonatal lung cardiac resuscitation.
- If a pregnant woman who will have difficulty giving birth at a general hospital equipped with such medical staff, the obstetrician and other medical staff can cooperate with each other to deliver more safely.
- Professional nurses, etc. can immediately cooperate and diagnose treatment as soon as possible.
- Sometimes a doctor who specializes in perinatal pediatrics can also help. If there are no complications of pregnancy, no abnormalities in the fetus, and no abnormalities in the baby to be born, and it is judged that the delivery can be done naturally and safely, the delivery is allowed in a general hospital.
- If you haven’t decided which hospital to deliver even after birth, you should ask your doctor, midwife, or nurse to decide which hospital to deliver as soon as possible.
- Even if you plan to have a natural childbirth (vaginal childbirth) with the help of a midwife at home, you must undergo regular pregnancy checkups by a gynecologist during pregnancy.
- Whether there are severe pregnancy complications during pregnancy or any problems with the pregnant woman or baby during delivery, they should be delivered safely in a general hospital that can promptly and appropriately treat such problems.
- After deciding which hospital to deliver to, when there is a problem during pregnancy or delivery, there are times when you have to deliver at a hospital other than the hospital you originally decided to deliver.
- Even if you have already decided which hospital to deliver to during pregnancy, you should reconfirm the hospital to deliver during the last month of pregnancy.
- If any abnormality occurs in the fetus or pregnant woman during pregnancy, depending on the abnormality, you may have to suddenly change the delivery method and the hospital to deliver.
- For example, if you are trying to deliver a natural childbirth, but if you expect to have a big abnormality in your baby, sometimes you need to deliver a cesarean section.
- In such a case, the pregnant woman and her husband and the doctor have to consult with each other to decide to deliver a cesarean section, prepare for delivery accordingly, and in some cases, urgently need to reselect a hospital to deliver. Copyright ⓒ 2014 John Sangwon Lee, MD., FAAP
“부모도 반의사가 되어야 한다”-본 사이트의 내용은 여러분들의 의사로부터 얻은 정보와 진료를 대신할 수 없습니다.
“The information contained in this publication should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your doctor may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
“Parental education is the best medicine.“